Whacking Permalink Archive
13 June 2005
Just got back from Sydney, where I spent the long weekend. Some brief notes:
- I wanna live in this building.
- the new shopping complex at Bondi Junction is very, very big.
- the beef vindaloo at Indian Planet on Pitt St. is fantastic.
- the grub at 'Paddington 1' is very good, particularly the gourmet pizzas. Nice cozy atmosphere too.
- Oxford street is one of the few places on earth where you can tell you've arrived by the number of homosexuals you can spot.
- none of the workers on Sydney's train system seem to be able to speak or understand english, or - come to think of it - even know the names of each stop.
- at the markets at the outdoor mall at Bondi Junction, one of the female vendors went nuts, started screaming, throwing her three tables of merchandise around, then marched off leaving all her mess behind. The lookers-on were rather confused.
- "waterproof" motorcycles gloves aren't.
- surely the NSW government can do something to make the streets around Surry Hills and the CBD not smell like stale piss and vomit.
every internet cafe in Sydney is full of insane Chinese and Vietnamese
teenagers screaming at each other.
seems the University of Tasmania doesn't mind using mass-murderers
to recruit students.
link in the "Geena
Davis caused 9/11" post from last week has been fixed. Thanks
to reader Paul for alerting me to it.
Actually, it's more like 'five of my favourites', and are in no particular order:
1. Fatal Vision - Joe McGuinness
2. The Ninja - Eric Van Lustbader
3. Cardinal of The Kremlin - Tom Clancy
4. The Real Frank Zappa Book - Frank Zappa and Peter Ochiogrosso
5. Human, all too human - Friedrich Nietzsche
The self-proclaimed "world's greatest athlete" got beaten yet again.
going Anthony. Tell me, when exactly are you going to start to "rule
supreme" and fight racial injustice on the world stage? Hint: you
might want to actually start beating decent fighters.
Support Brave Multinationals!!!